For those who haven’t been able to participate in our Live cooking show last Friday 24th April. Here is the transcription of our recipe. This is not A crêpes recipe this is THE crêpes recipe. This is the most efficient and quickest recipe you might find on the internet so let’s get to it!
To make your French crêpes you need:
- 500g of flour
- 140g of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 litre of whole milk
- A pinch of salt
To prepare your mixture you need:
- Round handle crepes spreader
- A spatula
- A large bowl
- A whisk
- A scale
- A pan / A crepe maker
- A ladle
3. La recette des crêpes à la Française
- Put 500g of plain flour and a pinch of salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 140g of sugar and mix it with the whisk
- Make a well in the centre and crack 6 eggs into the middle then again mix it with the whisk
- Pour in about 100ml from the litre of whole-milk then start whisking. Once all the flour is incorporated, beat until you have a smooth, thick paste. While still whisking, pour in a steady stream of the remaining milk.
- The mixture needs to be quite liquid (Remember we are not trying to make thick disgusting pancakes but nice and fine crêpes)
- Let it rest in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours
- Heat the pan/crepe maker over moderate heat, then wipe it with buttered kitchen paper.
- Ladle some batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer or if you are using a crepe maker spread the mixture with your round handle crepes spreader
- Leave to cook for about 30 secs then flip it then cook for another 30 secs before turning out onto a warm plate.
And carry on undefinedly!