¿QUE ES LA TORTILLA DE PATATAS?
It’s an egg and potato dish that is served as a tapa, bocadillo and pincho.
It tastes great served warm or cold and it is the perfect "bocadillo" to bring with you at the beach.
INGREDIENTES PARA TORTILLA DE PATATAS:
1. Olive oil. (Aceite de oliva.)
2. 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes. because they hold their shape when boiled. (4 Patatas)
3. 1 Onion. I like to use yellow onion, but white onion would also work well. (1 Cebolla)
4. 5 Eggs (5 huevos)
5. Crushed sea salt
CÓMO HACER TORTILLA DE PATATAS:
1. Add generously some olive oil to a pan over medium heat.
2. Add sliced potato and onion to the pan; they should be mostly covered with olive oil.
3. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
4. Cook on medium-high heat, maintaining a gentle boil, for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Don’t overcook them!
5. Drain potatoes, reserving the oil for later use.
6. Crack the eggs into a bowl with some salt.
7. Beat the eggs together and pour over the cooked potatoes and onion.
8. Add a little bit of oil to the bottom of a clean/new pan. Once hot, pour the potato mixture into it and cook on high heat for 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 5 minutes.
CÓMO VOLAR UNA OMELETTE ESPAÑOLA:
Stay tuned for that and make sure to be on our Instagram page for our live tonight, the 15th of May 2020: https://www.instagram.com/thelanguagehouse/