TERMS & CONDITIONS
This page explains THE LANGUAGE HOUSE’s terms of contracting.
You must agree to these if you want to study at THE LANGUAGE HOUSE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The school reserves the right to alter dates, fees and any particulars without prior notice.
- The school reserves the right to change teachers and times of courses.
- The school accepts neither responsibility for personal injury of any person (or persons) nor for the loss of damage to student’s personal property whilst on the school premises.
- Bookings should be made at least 24 hours in advance of the course start date.
- Courses must be paid upfront.
- Materials are included in the tuition fees.
- Classes are subject to a minimum number of students.
- Students who miss their scheduled group classes may neither make up their classes nor request a refund with no exception.
- The student shall not be permitted to assign their booking to any third party.
- In the case of private tuition the student can rearrange if 24 h. notice is given (via phone or email). If not, the lesson will be charged at the standard rate. Private tuition must be booked with the office.
- Course fees must be paid in full before the commencement of the course unless otherwise agreed by The Language House.
- Courses run at The Language House are for adults unless otherwise advertised
- Students under 18 must have parental consent to attend an adult course
- Students are expected to arrive at ALL classes on time, attend every lesson and complete their homework. Latecomers are not allowed into class.
- If students have to stop their course early, tuition fees are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Fees are non-transferable. Students cannot transfer their fees to another person or onto another course.
- Periods of absence due to accident or sickness are not refundable.
- We keep attendance registers for all students.
- Classes will expire a year after their purchase if not used entirely.
Any new student joining The Language House from September 2017 will have to pay an administration fee of £15.
Conduct and discipline:
- The school reserves the right to expel any student deemed to be either physically or verbally abusive towards either fellow students or members of staff.
- Tolerance of others beliefs and cultures is expected at all times and any form of prejudice or bullying will result in immediate dismissal.
- Students will be required to pay for any damage they cause on the school premises.
- Smoking is not permitted within the school building.
- The minimum age is 16 years old. There is no maximum age.
- The Language House strictly adheres to the published age limits for courses but reserves the right to accept students who are slightly younger than the advertised minimum age. Bookings from students outside the published age limits are treated on a case by case basis.
- If any student under the age of 18 wishes to study at The Language House, the person or people with parental responsibility for them in their own country should complete a consent form and return it to the Admissions Team with a copy of their ID.
All fees are payable in pounds sterling (£) and payment can be made as follows: Debit card / Bank transfer / Cash
For any more queries about our banking method contact us on email@example.com
Any cancellation or course curtailment made by a student during their course of study is not entitled to a refund; they may be offered either an alternative course or credit for a future booking. Extenuating circumstances will be considered. Refunds are not available
Insurance and Liability
The Language House’s insurance policy covers accident or injury on the school premises only. It does not cover illness, theft, damages or loss of a student’s personal effects.
- The Language House reserves the right to refuse admission to any student or to dismiss any student from school or accommodation without refund in the event of misconduct or unsatisfactory attendance or work. The school expects students to adhere to the standards and rules we set.
- We expect students to behave reasonably at all times towards other students, school staff, and accommodation providers and to respect cultural, racial and religious differences.
- The Language House stores student information in electronic and paper format.
- Some of the personal information students supply will be passed on to accommodation providers.
- All students applying to study at The Language House agree to the disclosure of their data to appropriate inspecting bodies, such as the Home Office and the British Council, as required by the Data Protection Act.
- By accepting these terms and conditions students accept our right to use their personal information in this way.
By signing a contract with The Language House, you agree to all the Terms and conditions described above.