Would you like to become part of The Language House team? Are you interested in working in a multicultural and multilingual environment? At The Language House, we are always looking for exceptional, passionate teachers to join our team and help make The Language House better!
We know our courses are only as good as the staff we employ and so we make sure all our staff get the support they need to do a good job and have fun doing it. Our language school is a friendly place where you will feel part of a team and enjoy your work.
At the moment, we are looking to fill the following position(s):
Cover English teacher position (Teach English as a Foreign Language)
The ideal candidate for this position will be a TESOL or CELTA qualified, native-level EFL teacher with at least a year's experience teaching in a similar role. This will involve tasks such as planning and preparing appropriate lesson materials for classes and delivering lessons in a dynamic manner, implementing various approaches. They will be responsible for providing feedback to students as well as liaising with fellow teaching staff and management regarding student progression. The job will have variable hours with a view to becoming longer-term and more fixed for the right candidate.
Benefits: Flexible working hours
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £14.00 to £20.00 /hour
"Multilingual Environments enrich our understanding of others: Even if you're not bilingual, exposure to multiple languages improves the ability to put yourself in someone else's shoes and see the world from another perspective. Being a good communicator requires the ability to be a good listener, as well as, knowing how to interpret another person’s perspectives and different points of view. The researchers were surprised to discover that a person didn’t have to be bilingual to reap these benefits—simply being exposed to more than one language improved social communication skills."
Student Services Executive
Contract Type: 40 hours per week - typically Monday to Friday (9-5pm)
Holiday: 28 days per annum (includes 8 UK Public Holidays) (pro-rata)
Position Summary, key duties and responsibilities:
• Deal with walk-in enquiries and sell our courses & programmes to them
• Answer (mainly by phone) prospective student enquiries received through our web site or any other marketing campaign: social media, Google Adwords, other directories, etc.
• Update the company CRM with all prospective student details, follow up information, sales, tasks, etc.
• Input bookings where required into CLASS system
• Ensure all bookings are paid for prior to arrival / course start date and be responsible for credit control, overpayments and refunds.
• Maintain the bookings database
• Process bookings to enrol students and send relevant documents (visa letters, accommodation, level tests, gross & net invoices) to students and agents.
• Check on the status of future arrivals to ensure that we are paid in accordance with our terms and conditions
• Assist the Principal in arranging and booking accommodation for students
Post - Arrival:
• Manage communication with our students: resolve any doubts, receive course payments, prepare course certificates, etc.
• Manage timetabling for groups and private classes - working closely with the English Coordinator and teachers
• Ensure excellent customer service is provided to our students consistently, resolving any issues should they arise
• Manage student course extensions
• Re-enrol students in-house and pro-actively seek to upgrade, extend and sell courses to them
• Keep the college ‘CLASS’ database maintained and up to date with correct student details ensuring accurate records of student attendance are being kept and absences are being communicated to academic management and other stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Provide students with information regarding exams (date, fee, location, help with
The Student Services Executive will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills in face to face and by phone; projecting a courteous and professional manner always when representing the college.
Knowledge, qualifications and experience:
• An undergraduate degree focussed on business, marketing, sales, language or tourism (desirable)
• Overseas studying/working experience, ideally with exposure to an international environment for 3-6 months. (desirable)
• Fluency in both written and spoken English (required)
• A second language at B2 level or above French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, etc… (desirable)
• Experience of working with international clients (desirable)
• Sales experience. Education industry or services (desirable).
• Customer service experience (desirable).
Skills and Attributes:
• High level of verbal and written communication skills.
• Well organised and able to manage a varied and demanding workload.
• Comfortable in meeting goals and working under pressure.
• Approachable, friendly and caring
• Resilient with a flexible, ‘can-do’ approach to work
• Results and customer focussed
• Has high expectations of self and others
• A team player and able to build rapport and engage with a diverse range of people
• Committed to equality and diversity
• Committed to continuous improvement through being outward-looking and reflective
• Passion to deliver a time of their lives experience to our students
Looking forward to hearing from you! Al the best!
If you feel you have something to contribute to The Language House, we are always interested in hearing from you.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Describe why you feel you would be a good fit to join our team at The Language House.